Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mom's Day!

    Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there.  We spent the day playing outside at the park and it was WONDERFUL!  We played on the jungle gym...well we tried to get Mac Jr. to play on the jungle gym.  He wasn't really having it.  He was more into throwing sand on himself and riding the giant salamander in the sandbox.  We took a walk down a path that follows the river through the park and looked at the paddle boats.  They had a few that were shaped like animals; a dragon and a swan to be specific.  I wasn't sure we were gonna make it any farther down the path for a minute there.  Mac Jr.  was extremely disappointed he didn't get to ride the "dino", but we managed to distract him long enough to make our escape and keep walking.  We took some pictures by the river rocks and by this old well called "Hobo Spring."  Then we headed back to the jungle gym to try the slides and climbing stuff again.  It looked like he was just gonna have another meltdown, but a few times down the slide with "Ham" (he calls my sister Sam, "Ham".  Isn't that too cute?) and he was loving it!  He wanted to go on all the slides.  I made sure to snap about a 100 photos of him smiling on the slides.  You can never have too many slide pictures...or smiling kid pictures, right?  
    Every time I look at the pictures of our family today (even the ones of Mac Jr. flailing to get away to go play) it will bring a smile to my face.  This might sound corny, but spending time as a family is my favorite thing to do.  We have such busy lives that we never get to spend as much time together as we would like.  Super Mac works from before dawn till after dusk and that doesn't leave much time to just play.  Days like these make me feel so full; full of life and happiness and most of all love.  I have the two greatest boys any mother could ask for.  
Later tonight, we will be meeting my mom and dad for dinner at the Machine Shed.  Good food and family will make for a great end to a perfect day.  I could say I wish everyday was like this, but I think I appreciate them much more this way. 
I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day.  I hope you got to spend it with your kids or at least someone you care about and who cares about you.  Until next time!  
Nicole

P.S.  Thought you might want to meet the men in my life:


 It's my Farmer, it's the best Daddy ever,  it's SUPER MAC! (This picture makes me drool a little...My very own gentle giant, or Shrek, except hot...




The Mac Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!  a.k.a. Tony a.k.a. Stinksaronious a.k.a. Doodle a.k.a.  Mackay Anthony 
Really surprised this kid knows his name.  




My Little Will.  William Walter.  He's got his Grandpa's ears and the cutest smile you've ever seen!  He thinks his brother is the greatest thing in the world and Mac Jr thinks that rocks.  They look at each other and giggle, and Mac Jr giggles because Will is giggling at him and Will giggles because Mac Jr is giggling...it could go on forever.  It is those moments that make life great. 


Love you Guys!  Thanks for being my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment