Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A little about R-background...

I should probably start by telling you a little bit about myself. Or ourselves, I should say. I am a wife and mother of two small boys. I am a busy stay at home mom. I am married to a superhero. He is a drafter by day and a natural farmer by night. He doesn't wear a cape or spandex (although that might be interesting...), but he does look pretty good in a pair of Carhardt jeans and a flannel. His mission is to rescue the world from corporate farming, one mouth at a time.
We live in a small town in southeast Wisconsin. I live the life that I used to dream about as a kid(most of the time!) but I will have to elaborate on that later.
R-Farm is the name of...well...our farm. My husband came up with the name R-Farm. He wanted people to feel like it was their farm; a place they could trust to raise their beef, pork and poultry without using harmful antibiotics and hormones on the animals and pesticides on the crops. We don't use GMO seed and we follow organic practices. We like to think that we do things the way you would do them yourself without all the blood, sweat and cow poop that goes into raising animals naturally. Plus, we have an impossibly long last name and it just made sense to shorten it to "R" rather than have to spell out all 15 letters plus "farm" all the time.
We live pretty simply. We don't have flashy cars, we like to go to County fairs and (some of us)tractor pulls, and I sew all of our clothes. Well, not really, but I do know how to sew and I enjoy it so the point is that I could sew our clothes. But I like my kids more, and at the rate they (husband too) go through clothes I would never leave the sewing room. We are just regular people living our lives, doing what we love and hopefully helping people discover local food in the process.
I have been wanting to start a blog for a while now, but wasn't sure what it should be about. The purpose of this blog is still kind of vague for me. I want it to be a place where I can share the interesting goings on of R-Farm as well as the everyday happenings of my life as a mom. I am hoping it will evolve with each post and find a direction somewhere along the way. Just as Seinfeld was "a show about nothing", this is a blog about nothing... and EVERYTHING.

I look forward to finding my way with you.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment